When sitting with clients I work with the healing influence of taking time out of our lives to hear our own voices and communicate our emotions and feelings.
A little Bit About How I Work.
I am a couple’s therapist and coach who works with a very solution focused approach, I am committed to finding positive outcomes. My job is to help you reach your goals needing as little sessions as possible. When working with couples I work in six block sessions, with a check in after every six.
I am fully committed to every couple I see, working hard between sessions to bring the most possible help that is needed. The reason my work is shorter than some therapists is that I incorporate coaching as well, giving clients lots of handouts and work to do between sessions.
I do go back into people’s history but only to explore how this might be triggering them within the relationship. I will give you handouts to work on between sessions to help you experience a new deeper level of communication.
- We will look back at our pasts to see how this might be affecting our Relationship with each other today.
- We will look at triggers within the relationship and how to free ourselves from these triggers.
- We will work through a build-up of unresolved anger and resentments towards each other.
- We will bring in communications techniques for you both to practice.
- We will look at what you both do for fun and enjoyment with each other and ways to bring more into the relationship.
Handouts I Give You To Work On.
- Blocks to healthy communication.
- 5 languages of love
- The emotions wheel.
- Non-defensive communication
- The drama triangle
- A recommendation of books
I am a BACP qualified and Relate trained therapist with excellent listening and communication skills and a high level of emotional intelligence. I use this emotional intelligence to draw on my own experiences from life and the work I have done in my own personal therapy to put myself in the shoes of the client. I try to remain curious when working with people, to help show my genuine interest.
I have high levels of honesty and integrity. I have experience working with adults and all the issues they might have. I work with anxiety, depression, intimacy issues, stress, and addictions in all its forms: thoughts of self-harm, unhappiness in relationships, body image issues etc.
- Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Counselling (CPCAB)
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Level 5 Diploma in Couples Counselling (CPCAB)
Certificate in the safeguarding of children (Bracknell Forest Council)
Certificate in Psychological Aspects of Self Harm.
Certificate in Eating Disorders and Self Harm.
Certificate in Endings.
Certificate in safeguarding sex and the underage teenager.
BACP Certificate of proficiency
- Relate Counselling as a relationship counsellor
- I have experience working with Adults & adolescents in an agency setting.
- I have previously worked in a school as a school Therapist for adolescents.
- I have a vast background and experience working with addictions of all kinds.
- I have my own private practice’s in Bath, Bristol and I also take sessions via Zoom
I abide by and belong to, the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, code of ethics. (www.bacp.co.uk)
Please contact me for more information or to book your first session using the following methods, or visit my contact page